Pureology Clean Volume - Mane Attraction




You already know the story - I've been colouring/bleaching my locks for decades now. So long in fact, even my family forgets I'm not a natural blonde.

So using shampoo and conditioner for colour-treated hair should be imperative in my household. And a good one at that.

Add to that I just coloured my hair pastel pink, so I need to preserve the colour for as long as possible (I don't want to turn into a pumpkin).

Pureology has long been known for its gentle, but effective hair care. Debuting back in 2001, the sulfate-paraben-silicone-free, 100% vegan lineup has been protecting hair colour for almost two decades now.

The Clean Volume Collection works to lift fine hair up from the root, so you get an elevated look that's always natural. It also saves you a ton of time and energy from your usual volumizing tricks - backcombing, teasing, as well as spraying, spritzing, powdering - and spending extra money on a whole whack of products.

Here's a closer look:


I was surprised by the shampoo. The thick liquid didn't lather and foam like my usual drugstore brands - but you know, that's a good thing because it's harmful ingredients like sulfates, parabens and silicones that cause damage to your mane.

It sure cleanses like a champ though. I don't often feel a ton of build up, but oh it's there (my truly wonky hair requires a ton of elbow grease and product to keep it in line). After just the smallest of amount of shampoo (remember it's concentrated, so you just need a little), my thin strands feel squeaky clean and weightless. It's been a minute since it's felt this cleansed.

While still in the shower, despite feeling shiny and new however, my locks have become as dry as a stack of hay. Whaaat?

- Clean Volume Conditioner

Not to worry, because the second you apply conditioner, your hair is not only restored to lusciousness, it's infused with a lustre that it hasn't seen since before you set styling and heating tools on it all those years ago.

And check out that bounce you've only seen in commercials and on runways. Don't be surprised if there's more of a spring in your step in days to come.

----

Pureology Clean Volume has kept my blonde from dulling and becoming brassy, and helped keep my pink as soft as cotton candy.

And both shampoo and conditioner are infused with a fresh, light botanical scent that's divine. Bergamot, jasmine and musk swirl around you, creating something of a spa day every time you wash your hair.

And be sure to stock up on Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier. This mega mouthful is one of the best hair tamers I've ever tried (and you know how bonkers my hair is). From detangling and smoothing to protecting your strands while under the heat, it takes your hair from "meh" to "OMG."

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.